Monday 11 May 2009

One doesn't make a pair- 11 May 2009

What a bummer!
At 20:30 I went outside to make sure how many fly into the nestbox and only at 21:10 one came and he flew into the wrong nestbox! Oh boy! How can he or she still be confused with the nestboxes? I knew it, I should have painted something on it, it is just so difficult to reach it.
I wonder what I must do now, start playing sound again?
At night when he flies into the nestbox he doesn’t make any sounds, it’s quiet. I have not watched yet in daytime to see what acitvity there is, only in the evening when it’s time for them to fly in. On Saturday I did hear him call when I waited for my lift and that was at 6am.
So far only one has flown into the nestboxes, it’s much slower than last year. There is still time …. I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment