Sunday 26 April 2009

Saturday 25 April 2009

When I woke up this morning I could see swifts flying while I was still in bed. Four of them were flying in front of my window, but by the time I was dressed and went downstairs, they were gone.
I was not out today, but great news came on the Swallows-martins and swifts yahoo mailing list that thousands of common swifts have passed through Malaga and are on their way up to us. Soon the skies will be filled with them.
Swifts come in waves, so far we had only the advance fliers and not yet the big group. The weather forecast is not so good for tomorrow, but that is tomorrow. Then we just read a poem and wait, because somewhere someone is looking at the sky and seeing this season's first.
I'm looking at a webcam somewhere in Holland where one has entered the nestbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment