Wednesday 22 April 2009

Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 April 2009

“They’re back!”
Those few happy words. Now it all can begin.
While in Switzerland I read of their approach on the lists and I wished for some cold wind to hold them back till I’m home. Saturday morning I came home and still there was no report from LP that he has seen them in our hometown yet. Since I have been away for a while, all my kids came round to say hello and it was almost by nightfall that I could get away to the Pope’s College or renamed to Apus College.
A slight drizzle were falling and I realised no swifts will be seen today.
On Sunday it was the christening of my granddaughter and my phone was not far from me all day. You never know.
In my son’s house there is a natural nest and I warned everybody sitting near the window to keep watch.
At about 8:30pm the call came, LP has seen 4 at Park Abbey and soon after 2 over Phillips Buildings. I was already at Apus College then and a few minutes later I saw the first one over the college. It was making a large sweeping turn over the college with the freedom only a bird can have in the air. Then it flew out of sight and was gone.
Soon after LP turned up, but none was seen again.
They’re back!

No comments:

Post a Comment