Tuesday 9 June 2009

New nest 9 June 2009

Today coming back from the laundrette I saw a swift fly into a nesthole. It was a new nest for me and it’s great when they fly into nestholes, without me looking. It’s high time to start searching for nests , if only the rain will stop.
This morning I set my alarm for 6:30, but it was so windy when I looked out my window that I crawled back into my bed and only got up at 7am. I want to spent some time looking at my nests, maybe a few hours in one go, to see exactly how often they fly in and out. There was nothing to be seen till 7:30 and I went back inside, because I had to leave at 8:30. Hopefullly the weather will get better soon so I can stand outside long enough to watch them.
Tonight I wanted to go photograph the nest I found today at 39 Frederik Lintstr. I make a photo of each nest I find to be able to recognise them again next year.
The sky was filled with the most amazing threatening clouds. Every now and then I saw a flash of lightning.


I never made it to the house I wanted to photograph, because the rain soon started.

No comments:

Post a Comment